Saturday, June 19, 2010

About Taro's Ninja Spy High School

Hi. My name is Anthony, but often I go by Koi. I am the author of this story, as well as the author of this and many other websites. In my spare time, I like to do many different things, and although I'm not nearly as big of a story writer as I used to be, I still like to do it from time to time, especially when I think of a really good story, which is precisely what happened with Taro's Ninja Spy High School.

This story about a young ninja named Taro came to me one day when I was doing my daily day dreaming. To be honest with you, I'm not even completely sure when I thought up this story. I think it was probably while I was trying to sleep. But a few days later, I knew it was a story worth keeping and wrote it all down. Now don't get me wrong! It's not ALL written down, yet. In fact, I just started. I just wrote down the main ideas that I wanted in my story, especially any specific things I wanted to remember for later that would make it all go together nicely.

The name Taro's Ninja Spy High School came from my original name for this story: Ninja High School. However, I knew that I had seen that somewhere before as a manga and did a quick search for it, and sure enough, it was already the name of somebody else's story. I've never read it, but when you like ninjas as much as I do, those sort of things stick in your mind. So after finally giving the main character a name (before that, I would refer to him as "our hero" and other such things), I decided to try and find a name generator for my story. However, that was no help, and I just decided to modify the original name to make it more unique. Finally, the words ninja and spy came together in my head, and some part of me realized that spy rhymed with high quite nicely, and then I just threw it all together and BAM! Taro's Ninja Spy High School was born!

Now this is just a rough draft, and I can't promise any fast progress on this story. I've got very important matters to attend to, and this is something I plan on just doing in my spare time. So please, if you really enjoy this story, give it a bookmark and sign up for our email alert system to let you know about any updates, and every time I add something to this story, you will get an alter message sent directly to your email to let you know that the next part of the story has come out. If you have any suggestions at all, please feel more than welcome to comment, and I will be happy to read and respond to your comments.

Finally, if this story goes well enough, it just might come to pass that I will ask my friend Corina to draw it for me before I ever give away any of the rights to it. And if that comes to pass, well then I suppose her and I can attempt to get it published or something. o.O;;;;

Anyway... I hope you like Taro's Ninja Spy High School. Sign up for email alerts and keep reading. ^_^v


Begin Reading "Taro's Ninja Spy High School" >>>

1 comment:

  1. Woo! Looking forward to it bro! I'll raise my glass to many chapters to come ;)

    ReplyDelete

What is a Ninja?

There is a lot of misconception about what a ninja is.

A ninja is a weapon. A ninja is a warrior.

First appearing in writing as early as 4th century according to some history, though it is hard to place the beginning of the ninja, and most scholars agree that they emerged around the 7th-10th century. According to most Asian historians, the ninja first developed in opposition to the elite samurai during the Heian Dynasty (794-1185).

By the 15th century, the role of the ninja was primarily hired mercenary or espionage. By this time, there was already boundless myths about ninjas, calling them demons and giving them mystical powers which were widely believed to be true, but in all reality, ninjas were very trained in silence and stealth and could easily hide or slip away quickly and unnoticed in a way that would lead others to believe they were magical.

Our story presupposes a modern Japanese society where ninjas have managed to survive and continue traditional methods of teaching and hired by clients and used as weapons and tools of espionage and mercenary. Taro is one such ninja, growing up in a civilization of ninjas long-thought to be extinct. But when Taro begins his first ninja mission, his whole world gets turned upside down.