Thursday, December 9, 2010

Comment Response #4

Normally, I wouldn't have a comment response without first having a new section or new tid-bit about ninjas to add, but this time, it is rather necessary. As Melody pointed out, the teacher was a guy with glasses in the first scene, and then suddenly became a woman in the following scenes. I have to admit that this was a huge error on my part. I was so concentrated on where I wanted to go next with the story that I didn't pay any attention to how I had previously created the teacher character. As it were, I actually was rather fond of the teacher character, even though I hadn't actually planned the character out ahead of time (he was sort of a spontaneous creation).

It really has been such a while since I've written anything in this story, and as a result I lost track of the details. Also, I do have a very clear direction I want the story to go; however, this is one of those fuzzy parts of the story I had only vaguely planned so I'm really taking this part piece by piece and trying to figure out interesting things to help the story move along.

To be honest, in fact, even though so much of this story is planned, a lot of it is very spontaneous, including the development of many of my characters. I wasn't even entirely sure what kind of character Taro was going to be until I started writing him. As it's also been pointed out to me, taro doesn't have much description to him right now. I suppose I'll have to fix that in the revision (and carefully insert small tid-bits of description as I go along).

Although I'm determined not to go back and edit chapters, I think in this case, due to such a damning error, I will go back and correct these last two sections to preserve this wonderful teacher character I have created. So please re-read "Ninja Tactics Deployed!" and "The Appearance of Aimoto" and tell me what you think.

Edit: I actually didn't change that much, but you can go look at it again if you would like. I might also go back and make some small edits to sections on account of the fact that I didn't give the teacher a name. I will try to add a little note in the writing such as "The teacher, Mr. Such and Such said" or "Instructor Such and Such" so you don't have to keep anticipating when this change will be. And if I also remember, I will mention it whenever I have another comment response.

Au revoir mes amis!

Target Locked: Ninja Mission Underway!>>>>> 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is a Ninja?

There is a lot of misconception about what a ninja is.

A ninja is a weapon. A ninja is a warrior.

First appearing in writing as early as 4th century according to some history, though it is hard to place the beginning of the ninja, and most scholars agree that they emerged around the 7th-10th century. According to most Asian historians, the ninja first developed in opposition to the elite samurai during the Heian Dynasty (794-1185).

By the 15th century, the role of the ninja was primarily hired mercenary or espionage. By this time, there was already boundless myths about ninjas, calling them demons and giving them mystical powers which were widely believed to be true, but in all reality, ninjas were very trained in silence and stealth and could easily hide or slip away quickly and unnoticed in a way that would lead others to believe they were magical.

Our story presupposes a modern Japanese society where ninjas have managed to survive and continue traditional methods of teaching and hired by clients and used as weapons and tools of espionage and mercenary. Taro is one such ninja, growing up in a civilization of ninjas long-thought to be extinct. But when Taro begins his first ninja mission, his whole world gets turned upside down.