Monday, December 6, 2010

Comment Response Time # 3

Skip this and go to "Ninja Tactics Deployed" >>>> 

It's been a while!

Okay, Soemoimeso asks:

In Japan, does the A, B, C, etc class doors have anything to do with intelligence or age? Cuz I was never sure if A doors meant you were a senior or smart or whatever, while an F door would mean you're a freshie/stupid or whatever. Or am I totally inventing this---are doors just doors that happen to have letters?
Good question. I wasn't actually sure about this, to be honest, and it's not something I had considered before. According to one Yahoo! Answers page, the numbers and letters do correspond to grade levels, but it doesn't mention anything about gifted or special ed classes. According to the page, the classrooms numbers correspond to grade level and the numbers signify which class in that grade level you are in, but that each class is taught the same material. I didn't know this. Therefore, F-5 doesn't make much sense, especially since apparently Japanese high schools only have 3 grade levels. Who knew?

Apparently they also put their shoes in a wooden shelf and wear special gym shoes called uwagatsu. Hm... definitely things to be considered for revision stage.

Ninja Literature:
Did you mean the teen lit section at ASU?

I still haven't seen many books about ninjas. It's not something easily found at Phoenix Library for instance.

Also, to Soemoimeso, that would be pretty comical. I haven't considered a fight-triangle before; it kind of reminds me of something you'd read in Ranma.

Well, that's it guys. I only had two comments to respond to, and if you want me to respond to your comments, you should totally leave some because I'm always a lot more likely to update if I feel like I have more dedicated readers. Thank you to everyone who is keeping up with this story. For you guys, I will persevere until this story is entirely finished, and I won't even go back and revise chapters (unless it is absolutely necessary) until the whole story has been panned out. So keep checking back (I know I haven't updated very often), but Winter Break is coming, and I will have a lot of free time soon.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is a Ninja?

There is a lot of misconception about what a ninja is.

A ninja is a weapon. A ninja is a warrior.

First appearing in writing as early as 4th century according to some history, though it is hard to place the beginning of the ninja, and most scholars agree that they emerged around the 7th-10th century. According to most Asian historians, the ninja first developed in opposition to the elite samurai during the Heian Dynasty (794-1185).

By the 15th century, the role of the ninja was primarily hired mercenary or espionage. By this time, there was already boundless myths about ninjas, calling them demons and giving them mystical powers which were widely believed to be true, but in all reality, ninjas were very trained in silence and stealth and could easily hide or slip away quickly and unnoticed in a way that would lead others to believe they were magical.

Our story presupposes a modern Japanese society where ninjas have managed to survive and continue traditional methods of teaching and hired by clients and used as weapons and tools of espionage and mercenary. Taro is one such ninja, growing up in a civilization of ninjas long-thought to be extinct. But when Taro begins his first ninja mission, his whole world gets turned upside down.