Thursday, June 9, 2011

Comment Response Time #7



Read "Taro's Ninja Spy High School" From the Beginnning >>>>>




Hey guys!

I would like to thank Shaluah for reading my story and for posting comments. I spoke with her earlier on another site, and she said she was just biding her time to post a meaningful comment other than just "cool story bro!" haha. So since she felt a little behind on reading chapters decided to let me know that she was there and give me a little piece of her mind about the story. Thanks Shaluah.

I would like to encourage all of you to do this. It is really meaningful and most importantly, it is a great source of encouragement for me to keep it up and update more often. I know you don't always feel like saying something or know what to say, but if you would much rather not comment, there are a few other ways to show your support:
  1. Google has recently added a +1 Button to the bottom where the Share Buttons are, go ahead and click that to show your support for this story. The more +1's that I get, the more I know that you love me, and the less sad and lonely I feel. Just kidding! But seriously, do it!
  2. Second, just share this story with your friends. Mention it in the middle of a casual conversation, or post a link to it on facebook or twitter. There are share buttons down there already so this takes much less time than you think. I love all of my readers, but I have so much more love to go around so invite your friends, and let's have a freakin' party!
Finally, in this update, I wanted to let you guys know that I'm feeling extra enthusiastic today; so I'm going to try and update this a few more times today and maybe a couple more times this week. If you don't feel like reading it all at once, you really shouldn't feel obligated to. Just remember to +1 so that I know you were here.

Thanks guys! Hope you're enjoying the story!

2 comments:

  1. Ya know what? I'm glad you said something, because I'm not sure I would have noticed that little +1 right there. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Koi,
    I found your blog on Gaia and it looks really impressive (and full of writing!) I will be reading from the beginning right away.

    If you have the time, have a look at my newbie blog about my own writing.

    Hope that your writing carries on for a long while. It's a great hobby to keep up.

    Peter

    ReplyDelete

What is a Ninja?

There is a lot of misconception about what a ninja is.

A ninja is a weapon. A ninja is a warrior.

First appearing in writing as early as 4th century according to some history, though it is hard to place the beginning of the ninja, and most scholars agree that they emerged around the 7th-10th century. According to most Asian historians, the ninja first developed in opposition to the elite samurai during the Heian Dynasty (794-1185).

By the 15th century, the role of the ninja was primarily hired mercenary or espionage. By this time, there was already boundless myths about ninjas, calling them demons and giving them mystical powers which were widely believed to be true, but in all reality, ninjas were very trained in silence and stealth and could easily hide or slip away quickly and unnoticed in a way that would lead others to believe they were magical.

Our story presupposes a modern Japanese society where ninjas have managed to survive and continue traditional methods of teaching and hired by clients and used as weapons and tools of espionage and mercenary. Taro is one such ninja, growing up in a civilization of ninjas long-thought to be extinct. But when Taro begins his first ninja mission, his whole world gets turned upside down.